[horde] Horde translation (problems)

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Dec 29 12:41:54 PST 2004

Zitat von Flavio Caetano <cae2-vpopmail at curitibaonline.com.br>:

> On Wednesday 29 December 2004 17:46, Jan Schneider wrote:
>> Zitat von Flavio Caetano <cae2-vpopmail at curitibaonline.com.br>:
>> >  Hi, I'm using horde a long time, and this week I have upgraded to
>> > 3.0 version
>> > (with IMP H3/ Turba H3/ Kronolith H3).
>> >
>> > But now I'm getting problems with translation, I'm a brazillian and my
>> > config is for Horde in Portuguese language ($nls['defaults']['language']
>> > = 'pt_BR';)
>> >
>> > Ok, When I log into horde *sometimes* the left menu still in English,
>> > after a refresh (F5) shows in Portuguese, but this happens many times...
>> > In some cases I need to refresh 5 or more times to show the things in
>> > Portuguese, and even after this, for some unknow reason comes back to
>> > english after a while...
>>
>> Did you update Horde "in place", i.e. at the same directory where the old
>> Horde version was? If so, did you restart the webserver?
>
> You're right! I update Horde "in place" and after restart apache translation
> works fine, but... Could you explain me why? I can't understand.
>
> thanks for the help!!

The compiled message catalogs are cached by gettext, so you get old catalogs
for the new, not matching Horde version. And because every web server thread
holds it's own copy of the gettext library, the translations sometimes work,
in these cases where your request is answered by a thread that already
loaded the new catalog version.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/