[horde] A request for Windows documentation

Jason M. Felice jfelice at cronosys.com
Tue Jan 4 11:06:48 PST 2005

I had a report from a Windows user that it is very difficult to install
PHP and Apache and PEAR and the required libraries needed to run Horde
on a Windows server.  He was pretty frustrated, as he'd just spent five
days trying to get it working, unsuccessfully. He said he'd like
step-by-step instructions on how to install Horde on Windows.

I politely declined, explaining that this is an Open Source project and
contributors are self-motivated, and I was honestly not motivated to do
such a thing, but said I'd post here in case anyone else would like to.
It sounds like a barrier which might expand the Horde community a nice
little clip by lowering.  (I've heard this complaint more than once now.)

--
 Jason M. Felice
 Cronosys, LLC <http://www.cronosys.com/>