[horde] Using SMB to Authenticate to Horde

sani at loyolajesuit.org sani at loyolajesuit.org
Thu Jan 6 15:04:56 PST 2005

Hi,

I have Horde: 3.0, IMP: H3 (4.0), Kronolith: 2.0.1 and Pear: 1.3.4 installed on
a Window$ XP box running Apache 2.  Most features appear to work fine. I am
currently using IMP to authenticate to the Horde system.

I would like to authenticate directly to my Windows 2000 Domain Controller. I
have read that this is possible by configuring Horde to use SMB. When I tried
this I get several Pear related errors about some missing pear modules. I tried
to download the missing modules but wa again informed that my PHP need to have
crypt.dll and mhash.dll modules installed. I have installed php_mhash.dll but
when I tied to install php_mrypt.dll, My Apache would report that the file
php_mcrypt.dll is missing. I know it is not.

Please help!!

Sani