[horde] Undefined Index when activating Preferences

Ken Lowther klowther at cisnet.com
Sun Jan 9 10:07:28 PST 2005

Josh Joslyn wrote:

>When I changed my horde preference system from 'none' to 'mysql' driver,
>I get the following "Undefined Index: socket in
>/usr/share/php/DB/mysql.php on line 108."
>This text appears just above the collapse/expand button on the side-bar.
>When I turn preferences off the message goes away.
>Strangely, all preferences work when turned on - I just get the ugly
>notice.
>Apparently mysql.php code around line 108 is written in Greek, or Geek
>:-)
> Any ideas anybody?

As my son explained something from another program to me a few days ago....

I think this is a php error. It happens because there is no initial
value set when called. The fact it works would suggest to me that is
what is going on here.

Solution. Turn of logging errors to the dsiplay and switch to logging
errors to the file sytem in php.ini. I am assuming you left out part of
the input. It probably said NOTICE:?

Ken