[horde] PECL Fileinfo

sani at loyolajesuit.org sani at loyolajesuit.org
Tue Jan 11 09:01:05 PST 2005

I have been trying to install fileinfo PECL module to support mime types in my
Horde/IMP installation. I have been very frustrated becaused I've not been able
to install this module. I always get the error shown below:
C:\php4>pear config-set preferred_state beta
C:\php4>pear install fileinfo
downloading Fileinfo-0.2.tgz ...
Starting to download Fileinfo-0.2.tgz (5,491 bytes)
.....done: 5,491 bytes
3 source files, building
The DSP Fileinfo.dsp does not exist.
I am running this from a Windows box obviously with Apache2.0.5, PHP 4.3.11, and
Pear 1.3.4. Do you suppose any of these has anything to do with this error?

I can't use PHP Mime Magic because my phpinfo() test reports that I do not have
Mime Magic support in my PHP installation, which is puzzling as I have
"php_mime_magic.dll" in my extensions directory and uncommented line in my
php.ini file.

Does anyone know how to intall PECL fileinfo or enable PHP's Mime Magic support.

Thanks

MIME Magic Support: No