[horde] Problems setting up desired authentication mechanisms

H. Scott Brown hs.brown at smius.com
Fri Jan 14 11:03:31 PST 2005

Hi, List,

I have Horde up and running, and have been able to successfully configure it
using MySQL authentication, however, I want to set it up to run with IMP (et
al), and Cyrus IMAP 2.2.9. I am having difficulty getting it to authenticate
in any other way. Cyrus IMAP is running fine, and I am able to authenticate
and access mailboxes using a client (Outlook, ewww).

I tried IMAP, but it won't allow me to login; it just keeps returning me to
the login screen, and says that my authentication failed.

So, I tried SASL, using horde as the name, and saslauthd as the service, but
that didn't work, either. I get a blank screen on the login page, no errors
output. I am guessing that in order to do this, I will need to add a
php.conf file, similar to how I did for sendmail, and use PHP as the
mechanism, or something along those lines. This isn't really important,
though, since I would assume that I need to use IMAP authentication to
access mailboxes via IMP?

Any help/tutorials you folks could offer/direct me to would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
--H. Scott Brown