[horde] Creating users problem

H. Scott Brown hs.brown at smius.com
Wed Jan 19 09:22:32 PST 2005

Hi, List,

I am having a problem finalizing Horde/IMP setup.

OS: Solaris 9
Horde: 3.0
IMP: 4.0
Cyrus IMAP: 2.2.9
Sendmail: 8.13.2
Cyrus SASL: 2.1.20

If you need any others, let me know.

I am using saslauthd with shadow passwords. I create a local user in the
system (Solaris), and then proceed to attempt to create the same user in
Horde, and receive the error "Permission Denied". Authentication is set to
"Let a Horde Application handle authentication", and IMP is handling it. I
am logging in to Cyrus IMAP Server. I can log in just fine, and administer
all aspects of the system, EXCEPT add new users.

I originally set Horde up to use MySQL authentication, experimenting and
learning the system. The user I created at that time (dummy) has the mail
boxes all set up, can send and receive mail, and Horde can retrieve the
quota NO LIMIT.

It appears as though I need to create the users mailboxes and default
quotas, etc..., which I believe Horde Administration handles when a new user
is set up, correct?

My guess is this is a rather simple ID-10-T error, but if someone could
help...

TIA,
--H. Scott Brown