[horde] Kolab2-beta2 <- Horde -> Kronolith/Turba/Mnemo/Nag = weird

yoogie at schurkennetz.de yoogie at schurkennetz.de
Wed Jan 26 03:17:45 PST 2005

Hi,

I'm completely new to the list so let me start with a hello to everyone.
I'm using the horde application framework for a bunch of systems and
mail-servers now and have tried several versions of the (imho) fantastic
main applications like imp, kronolith, mnemo and turba.

Some days ago I started to investigate the new kolab2-beta2 release and
tried to use it with the newest releases of the above mentioned horde apps
from the horde-website (not cvs).

In detail:

	- horde 3.0.2
	- imp 4.0.1
	- ingo 1.0
	- kronolith 2.0.1
	- mnemo 2.0
	- nag 2.0
	- turba 2.0

running on my nearly-standard and up-to-date Debian Sarge 3.1 System.

I followed every post I found related to this topic and enabled the custom
hooks in "horde/config/hooks.php" and commented out the following part from
"horde/lib/Horde/Kolab.php" :

 -- snip --------------------------------------------------------------
foreach ($acl as $user => $user_acl) {
   $result = $imap->deleteACL($folder_name, $user);
   if (is_a($result, 'PEAR_Error')) {
       return $result;
   }
}
 -- snip --------------------------------------------------------------

I started with a newly created user-account and everything seems to work
fine. I got many messages about a successful synchronization of my
calendars/to-do-lists/memos but I can't use them.

There is no default calendar. When I try to create one ("My Calendars" ->
"
" -> "Create") I recieve a bunch of messages that everything was fine,
created and synchronized and I can find the folder under my INBOX, but after
a reload of the page, the drop-down of "My Calendars" is empty. I can't
choose any calendar
 I have the same problem with the other horde apps which
used to store their data in the kolab-server like mnemo and nag.

When I open kronolith, a button to create a new event in the top bar is
missing and the plus-buttons in the daily-view are not linked.
A click on the "New Event" button at the sidebar brings me to the month-view
of december in 1999 instead of showing the form.

When I try to add a contact in turba and click on save, this is the result:
"Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
/var/www/horde/lib/Horde/Kolab.php on line 530"
I think this is not the desired behaviour.
But I can browse my other contacts, so I think, ldap-bindery is working
fine.

Hope somebody can fix these issues or provide me with the answer.

Kind regards,

Manuel