[horde] imp3 - How to auth by URL?

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Feb 3 01:00:00 PST 2005

Zitat von Brandon Lee <lee.bran at gmail.com>:

> Hi Jan,
>
> Sorry for my english.
>
> im getting abit confuse on how to do it.  What my portal's link to the
> horde/imp is
> eg: http://mymailserver.com/horde/imp/login.php?user=xzy&pass=abc
> and i would need the login.php to authenticated the user and password
> against the mailserver's pop user and password.
>
> For this structure, i stil need to write a auth method?  If so, how
> should i go about it as im stil new to php and is not that good enough
> to code such a "deep" php.  Or is there any workaround?

No, you don't need an auth driver for such a thing, only if you want to
avoid passing the password as an url parameter around.

What you want is to put a script between your portal and horde like
horde/scripts/get_login.php.

Jan.

-- Do you need professional PHP or Horde consulting?
http://horde.org/consulting/