[horde] another blank page victim

Cliff Green green at umdnj.edu
Mon Feb 7 06:32:32 PST 2005

Edwin L. Culp wrote:

> Quoting hq <hq at the-hq.de>:
>
>> hi.
>>
>> i now have discovered the blank page problem by myself.
>>
>> even cannot proceed to configuration screens of the modules.
>> horde.log gives no clues.
>>
>> at first i thought it came after updating my mysql-server. but i checked
>> it and it is up and running fine.
>> problem is i haven't logged into horde for some days and haven't seen if
>> it already failed BEFORE the mysql update.
>>
>> i am currently browsing the system for any clues with this issue.
>> the stunning thing is that horde was up and running perfectly with
>> several modules, no changes were made and *boom* you get only a blank
>> page instead of the module page.
>

> Have you checked your error logs.  You can run a tail -f
> httpd-error.log and
> then regenerate the blank page and check it simultaneously.  Hopefully
> that
> will give you something tangible to go on.
>
> Good luck,
>
> ed

This is going to sound simplistic, but you might also want to run a
syntax check on your config files ('php -l config/*.php').  I had a
problem with blank messages which went away when I found a problem in
mime_drivers.php.

Cliff Green         green at umdnj.edu
Academic Computing Services - UMDNJ
"Organizations get the IT they deserve."  - Phil WIndley