[horde] Questions about the redesign

Shashank Tripathi admin at shanx.com
Wed Feb 9 21:25:44 PST 2005

I use Opera8.

(1) First, the new left frame for folder etc is totally useless for me,
especially because the JS that expands/collapses the "Mail" icon
doesn't work in Opera.

(2) Second, and more importantly, I used to use my own CSS for accessing
Horde on my site. It used to appear like a text-only page with all the
unnecessary coloring etc removed. I wish I had a screenshot to show (my
host has already upgraded to new Horde interface) but here's my CSS:

body, td, table, option, select, input, h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6 {line-height:
1.18em}
input, option, select {font-family: Verdana}
img {display: none;}
input[type="image"] {display: block}
object, embed {display: none}
.answered {background: #eee}
pre,tt,code{font-family: Courier; font-size: 13px; color:#000;}

Now, because the top navigation (Inbox, Empty Trash, etc) is in a DIV,
these navigation items are listed in a vertical line. My first INBOX
message starts more than half-way down the page. Is it possible to put
it in a TD just like before? This will ensure consistent interface in
many browsers, and for everyone who uses their own CSS to strip colors
etc from HTML.

(3) What's the purpose of the redesign? I don't see much new anyway
other than a needless left frame. I can see why it could be marginally
useful to some users but it's not even elegantly done. It just eats up
screenspace.

Thanks