[horde] Re: Using PHP Accelerators with Horde

Daniel Eckl daniel.eckl at gmx.de
Tue Feb 15 10:30:16 PST 2005

Am Dienstag, 15. Februar 2005 00:55 schrieb Andy Wright:
> Michael M Slusarz wrote:
>  > Or maybe you have a logrotation program that needs to give Apache a
>
> SIGHUP signal when it rotates the Apache logs (say, once a week).
> mmcache won't work correctly after this until the temp cache files are
> deleted and Apache is restarted.  So it very easily could be the same
> problem mentioned on this list numerous times.
>
>  > michael
>
> Cheers Michael - that sounds like it - I hadn't thought about the log
> rotates taking place. I'll modify the Apache startup scripts to clear
> the cache.

(didn't saw michael has answered your message already)

Check your logrotate script how the apache process is restarted. If it's using
the runlevel script like "/etc/init.d/apache2 reload" then you just need to
modify this script at stages "start" and "reload". If not, you could change
the logrotate script to use the runlevel script for reloading or you have to
add the cache clean to the logrotate script.

Best,
Daniel