[horde] Re: horde and pubcookie?

Liam Hoekenga liamr at umich.edu
Fri Feb 18 13:51:08 PST 2005

> Greetings.  We are in the process of trying to implement single sign on with
> pubcookie.  We'd like to extend this functionality to horde since we use imp,
> turba, and ingo for web mail.  I didn't see any obvious hooks, so I was
> inquiring to see if something already exists, or if some third party has done
> work in this direction.

We've done it at UMICH w/ CoSign (our single sign-on,
www.weblogin.org).  It was
fairly trivial, actually.

Assuming you're using Horde 3.x, you'll want to create your own Horde
Authenticator - we "borrowed" the http authentication driver, and set
IMP, Ingo
and Turba up to use "hordeauth" (transparent authentication).  If you
can get a
horde auth driver to do transparent authentication, it'll look like "it just
works" to your users.

Liam