[horde] Re: removing system users

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Feb 28 07:55:13 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 16:14 +0100, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>:
>
> > and tried using the Administration->Users->Delete User (trash can)
>
> You should have used the "Clear User" icon instead. And please read the
> mailing list archives for explanations how that works and what still
> needs to be done.
---
I very much understood that - you pointed that out to me a week ago and
I got it - I was trying to demonstrate that I was actually working
through potential situations and seeing what the results were rather
than just conjecturing.

As for what still needs to be done...

I looked at horde/docs/TODO

I looked at bugs.horde.org and search for:
  - Horde Base/Unconfirmed & New & Assigned/Enhancement
  - Horde Framework/Unconfirmed & New & Assigned/Enhancement

and didn't see any of these things listed which is when I started
testing and thinking about these things in earnest.

I have searched the 'horde' list at Marc for occurrences of 'clear user'
and didn't find anything that referenced anything in the 'still to be
done' type discussion but think that it would be a curious place to
derive intentions.

Thus the conclusions I came to that I could find nothing that suggested
current implementation or planned implementation:

- external access to which authentication or a queue could be left for
things like 'clear user' functions for those that create/delete users
from a system other than horde

- 'Delete User' function (trash can icon in Administration->Users)
doesn't appear to have relevance for systems that create/delete users
apart from horde

- Utility that would allow reassignment of ownership of objects from one
user to another

- Utility that would search for objects remaining in horde datatree that
belonged to 'users' that are no longer in imap system

Craig