[horde] SQLite as backend?

Peter Wood prw.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 15:39:27 PST 2005

Greetings,

I'm currently using MySQL as the backend for my horde installation,
but I'm interested in moving to SQLite if possible.

I have noticed that SQLite is available in the main database
configuration tab in the Horde Administration GUI, but when you select
it, it still requests a number of options that aren't necessary for
SQLite (username, pasword, etc). I tried putting in bogus values, and
specifying the path to the SQLite database file, but it says that the
database is 'encrypted or is not a database'.

I created the database by hacking the create.mysql.sql script to
conform to SQLite constraints, and then ran 'sqlite3 -init
create.mysql.sql hordedb' to create the hordedb database file. This is
the same procedure I've used for creating other SQLite databases, so
I'm not sure what the problem is.

I have also noticed that the Logging configuration screen shows a bit
more support for SQLite, but I'm interested in using it as the backend
for the whole horde system, not just logging.

Is it possible to use SQLite as the horde backend database, and if so,
how would I go about setting it up?

Thanks,

Peter