[horde] Re: SQLite as backend?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Mar 1 16:31:18 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 18:39 -0500, Peter Wood wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm currently using MySQL as the backend for my horde installation,
> but I'm interested in moving to SQLite if possible.
>
> I have noticed that SQLite is available in the main database
> configuration tab in the Horde Administration GUI, but when you select
> it, it still requests a number of options that aren't necessary for
> SQLite (username, pasword, etc). I tried putting in bogus values, and
> specifying the path to the SQLite database file, but it says that the
> database is 'encrypted or is not a database'.
>
> I created the database by hacking the create.mysql.sql script to
> conform to SQLite constraints, and then ran 'sqlite3 -init
> create.mysql.sql hordedb' to create the hordedb database file. This is
> the same procedure I've used for creating other SQLite databases, so
> I'm not sure what the problem is.
>
> I have also noticed that the Logging configuration screen shows a bit
> more support for SQLite, but I'm interested in using it as the backend
> for the whole horde system, not just logging.
>
> Is it possible to use SQLite as the horde backend database, and if so,
> how would I go about setting it up?
----
some suggestions - no answers here...

logging is your friend - check /tmp/horde.log or wherever you have log
set to go.

Up the logging level within horde

Check sqlite logs

do you have php-sqlite installed?

have you checked archives for horde for 'HEAD sqlite' ?

I also point out that just a day or so ago, Jan stated "that
not all backends and applications have implemented the necessary API
methods yet."

I have no idea whether that applies to sqlite

Craig