[horde] Re: Weather Problems

Curt LeCaptain lecaptainc at infinitytechnology.com
Mon Mar 14 14:56:21 PST 2005

Thanks a lot for the link, I've got fopen working via my httpd.conf
rather than via php.ini, so that only horde can use fopen and nothing
else, and all is well with the Weather applet.  Thanks very much!

Curt

Quoting Curt LeCaptain <lecaptainc at infinitytechnology.com>:

> I just took a look and enabled allow_url_fopen = on and that did the
> trick, which introduces a new question, what PHP files are calling
the
> weather site?  I'd love to turn this functionality on, I've just got
> reservations about allowing url_fopen globally.
>
> Curt

According to the post I referenced, XML_Parser::setInputFile is the
call that fails without it turned on. I'm guessing that
Services_Weather uses that call to prepare for retrieving the weather
data. Information on allow_url_fopen can be found on the php manual:

http://us3.php.net/filesystem

Rick

--
Rick Emery