[horde] Re: lots of login/logouts to imap

security at jim-liesl.org security at jim-liesl.org
Sat Mar 26 18:01:17 PST 2005

Quoting Myke Place <mp at xmission.com>:

> * secmgr (security at jim-liesl.org) [050325 11:04] spake thusly:
>>
>> Is it "normal" for horde/imp to generate a LOT of login/logout events
>> for the imap daemon to service?  I'm seeing 3-4 during initial login,
>> one for every app, folder, and message open.

> Yes it is normal and you should consider using an IMAP proxy to cache
> these requests.

Thanks!  Just for the record, I used the up-imapproxy due to it's port under
FreeBSD being in better shape than the horde imapproxy.  Since I run the proxy
on the same system as the imap server, I had decided to use 10143 as the port
number defined in /usr/local/www/horde/imp/config/servers.php and
/usr/local/etc/imapproxyd.conf

jim