[horde] hordeauth with horde session timeouts cause looping imp authentication

amy.rich at tufts.edu amy.rich at tufts.edu
Tue Mar 29 13:07:03 PST 2005

I posted to the list a while back about having issues with horde/imp looping
when I attempted to use hordeauth in imp's servers.php file.  The problem has
further been tracked down to an issue with the session timeout defined in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/config/conf.php.  We wanted the horde session
to time out before our load balancer so the user would get any meaningful
messages before the load balancer cut the connection.  In order to make this
happen, we set the following timeout:

$conf['session']['timeout'] = 3300;

This is what appears to call the looping problem, because the session always
times out immediately.  If you set this to the default of 0, for never timing
out, it works fine.  If you set this to the following, it also works:

$conf['session']['timeout'] = time() + 3300;

So, is there some sort of issue with setting the timeout that's been reported
as a bug?

Thanks...