[horde] IMP Deleting wrong emails

Dan Porter danp at cybergolf.com
Thu Apr 7 14:35:26 PDT 2005

Hello,

I am using Horde 3.0.2 and IMP 4.0.1.  My IMP is configured to only use
one server and it is a pop mail server (so the users only have one
folder INBOX).

The problem occurs when the user deletes an email, and an email comes
into their inbox at the same time.  I think what is happening is that
the link to delete an email points to an index.  Then, when the user
clicks Delete, if there are any new emails in their inbox, the index
changes.  So what happens is that if they receive 1 new email, the
indexes will all be offset by 1, and the wrong email gets deleted.

So in this case, the link that appears as follows:
http://myserver.com/webmail3/imp/message.php?Myserver%2BWebmail=087ee754084f9f30604165f819e4b399&index=1&start=2&actionID=delete_message

If another email came in, the indedx would no longer be valid.

Let me know if anyone has else has encountered this before?  I believe
this also has led to other consistency errors as well (such as the wrong
headers showing up).

Thanks,

Dan Porter