[horde] Re: LDAP Help

Ryan Evans revans at gie.com
Tue Apr 12 11:25:24 PDT 2005

--------------020806060009090907070609

TY for the reply.

ok sytax is correct, this ldapsearch works:
ldapsearch -x -h ldap.gie.com -b 'dc=gie,dc=com' -D
'ou=people,dc=gie,dc=com' '(cn=*)'
response, it finds all my records, here is a record that it gave me,
this is a test account:
# test mail, people, gie, com
dn: cn=test mail,ou=people,dc=gie,dc=com
cn: test mail
givenName: test
sn: mail
o: Gulf Interstate Engineering
mail: testmail at gie.com
objectClass: people
objectClass: organizationalPerson

so out of that I edit my sources.php: And nothing comes back..  I am
sure I am missing something small,, I have edited this file and trimmed
it dow to the bare nesc's, but that didnt work either, so here is the
"stock" ldap portion with the information pulled from ldapsearch. thx
again ya'll!

$cfgSources['localldap'] = array(
    'title' => _("GIE's Address Book"),
    'type' => 'ldap',
    'params' => array(
        'server' => 'ldap.gie.com',
        'port' => 389,
        'tls' => false,
        'root' => 'dc=gie,dc=com',
        'bind_dn' => 'cn=admin,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com',
        //'bind_password' => '********',
        'sizelimit' => 200,
        'dn' => array('cn'),
        'objectclass' => array('top',
                               'person',
                               'organizationalPerson','inetOrgPerson'),
        'charset' => 'iso-8859-1',
        // check if all required attributes for an entry are set and add
them
        // if needed.
        'checkrequired' => false,
        // string to put in missing required attributes.
        'checkrequired_string' => ' ',
        'version' => 3
    ),
    'map' => array(
        '__key' => 'dn',
        '__uid' => 'uid',
        'name' => 'cn',
        'email' => 'mail',
        'homePhone' => 'homephone',
        'workPhone' => 'telephonenumber',
        'cellPhone' => 'mobiletelephonenumber',
        'homeAddress' => 'homepostaladdress'
        // 'freebusyUrl' => 'calFBURL'
    ),
    'search' => array(
        'name',
        'email',
        'homePhone',
        'workPhone',
        'cellPhone',
        'homeAddress'
    ),
    'strict' => array(
        'dn',
    ),
    'public' => true,
    'readonly' => false,
    'admin' => array(),
    'export' => true
);

Edwin L. Culp wrote:

>Quoting Ryan Evans <revans at gie.com>:
>

>>Hey all, ok running:
>>
>>   * Horde: 3.0.4
>>   * Imp: H3 (4.0.2)
>>   * Turba: H3 (2.0.2)
>>

>>I can go to "run turba test" and enter in mjy ldap information:
>>server, port,base dn, filter
>>
>>It returns all my entries.  Now I configure the sources.php with this
>>information. doesn't return any records thru horde/imp.  I customized
>>the sources.php to use identical commands that I saw the test.php for
>>turba using (IE: server="ldap.gie.com" basedn="dc=gie,dc=com"
>>filter="cn=*" bind anonymously  )
>>

> From what you are saying, this is almost certainly a configuration
>problem.  As silly as this may sound it has worked for me, I go to my
>horde/turba/config directory and cut an paste the configuration values
>in a command line ldapsearch and have always found the, usually silly,
>error that was there.  Of course YMMV.
>Be sure to include all such as the following substituting for root -
>bind_dn - localhost, etc.
>
>ldapsearch -x -h localhost -b root -D bind_dn -w password '(cn=*)'
>
>Be sure and run a php -l sources.php also.
>
>good luck,
>
>ed
>

>>still nothing thru the "add book" in horde/imp.
>>
>>any suggestions?
>>
>>TIA
>>
>>Ryan

>>Privileged, Proprietary and/or Confidential Information may be contained in
>>this electronic message.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should
>>not copy it, re-transmit it, use it or disclose its contents, but should
>>kindly return to the sender immediately and delete your copy from
>>your system.
>>Gulf Interstate Engineering Company (GULF) does not accept responsibility for
>>changes made to this electronic message or its attachments.

Privileged, Proprietary and/or Confidential Information may be contained in
this electronic message.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should
not copy it, re-transmit it, use it or disclose its contents, but should
kindly return to the sender immediately and delete your copy from your system.
Gulf Interstate Engineering Company (GULF) does not accept responsibility for
changes made to this electronic message or its attachments.

--------------020806060009090907070609

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: revans.vcf
Type: text/x-vcard