[horde] N to one passthrough authentication

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Wed Apr 27 07:55:39 PDT 2005

Hello,

We subscribe to a number of services which require authentication, and which
provide us with a site username and password.  Rather than distribute this
information to all employees, we'd like to use Horde as a front-end,
authenticate to our framework, and then used forms-based authentication to log
the user into the remote service, using our site username and password.  I see
this working similarly to the way the weatherdotcom portal block works, but I'd
ultimately like to see it end up as a module.  Would the weatherdotcom portal
block be a good example to copy for this or is there an easier way to
accomplish this?  I don't necessarily need, at least least initially, the
content to be delivered inside the main Horde frame.  A popup window would
suffice.

Thanks,
Kevin

--