[horde] Horde as a Secure Document Delivery mechanism

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Apr 28 20:37:03 PDT 2005

Quoting Kevin Myer <kevin_myer at iu13.org>:

> So my question would be, what would be needed, either within the Horde
> Framework, or IMP, or both, to add something like a secure attachment
> checkbox.
> If checked, the document would require a username and password (which could
> potentially be provided out of band to the third party).  What would
> it take to
> have linked attachments treated as an object, to which Horde
> Permissions could
> be assigned?  I somehow see a mix of Gollem, Horde, and IMP coming together
> here - where a user could use Gollem to view their linked
> attachments/documents, and could use IMP to send messages with links to those
> attachments.  SSL would secure the transport, Gollem could be used to control
> actual file permissions, and Horde provides the framework...

It sounds like what you want is a way for people to create "drop
boxes", sort of, though for downloading instead of uploading (though
perhaps both), with custom (outside of Horde auth, and user
controllable) user/pw settings on them. Either in Gollem, or as a
seperate app.

The linking from IMP would really be gravy on top of that.

Btw, Kevin, a bunch of your messages would probably be better suited to
the dev list (dev at lists.horde.org) instead of this general list. :)

-chuck

Quincy Adams