[horde] initial configuration - step 5: admin login

Phil pvhorde at nekophile.com
Wed Apr 27 11:12:45 PDT 2005

> > Hello.  I'm attempting to setup horder for imp, to replace squirrelmail.
> > I've successfully setup the DB.  In fact, all has gone well on
> > http://www.horde.org/horde/docs/?f=INSTALL.html#configuring-horde
> > up to step 5:
> >
> > Completing Configuration
> >
> > You can now access Horde without a password, and you will be logged in
> > as an administrator. You should first configure a real authentication
> > backend. Click on Setup in the Administration menu and configure Horde.
> > Start in the Authentication tab.
> >
> > This does not work.  I have a login screen, but it's like a mock-up.  It
> > requires a password, but then takes me nowhere.  I see no tabs or menu.
> > I just have the user / pass boxes and the footer links for logout and
> > horde.  What gives?
>
> Read the header of that document carefully.
>
> Jan

I understand that an authentication backend is required.  For
Squirrelmail, I use Pam via courier-imap.  Is it not possible to use pam
with horde?  I looked into the scripts/db directory to see if there was
anthing I should setup to auth under mysql.  There's only one auth
script and it appears (in the README) to be for postgres.

Phil