[horde] ok - progress - Datatree setup

Phil pvhorde at nekophile.com
Wed Apr 27 13:40:17 PDT 2005

On the upside, I was able to upgrade to the new version
www-apps/horde-3.0.4.  I can now see the menu and tabs.  I began to
setup the various configuration variables.  Then I get stopped by a DB
issue:

A fatal error has occurred
DB Error: connect failed

[line 1307 of
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/horde/lib/Horde/DataTree/sql.php]
Details (also in Horde's logfile):

object(db_error)(8) {
  ["error_message_prefix"]=>
    string(0) ""
      ["mode"]=>
        int(1)
	  ["level"]=>
	    int(1024)
	      ["code"]=>
	        int(-24)
		  ["message"]=>
		    string(24) "DB Error: connect failed"
		      ["userinfo"]=>
		        string(85) " [nativecode=Access denied for user:
			'root at localhost' (Using password: YES)] **
			Array"

etc...

This is a fresh and clean mysql database.  I don't know a lot of sql,
but was able to setup the database with the prior horde version just
fine.  I attribute this to the quality instructions.

If anyone could briefly walk me through the steps to wipe out the
current db and setup a new, working one to handle prefs and anything
else bast handled by mysql, it would be a huge help.  I'm just not DB
literate enough.

Phil