[horde] IMAP folder problem (Horde 3.0.4/IMP 4.0.3)

Gabriel O'Brien go at quay.net
Tue May 17 21:56:50 PDT 2005

Hi folks,

I'm working on migrating from Horde 2.2 to Horde 3.0 but I've come
across a problem that is a bit of a showstopper and I'm hoping somebody
can explain to me why I'm stupid. ;)  Essentially it boils down to the
fact that users can't see their IMAP folders (other than INBOX) when
they log in to IMP 4.0.  I've played around with it, everything from
running the upgrade scripts, etc. a dozen times to a completely fresh
install including a new database but had no luck whatsoever, other than
a brief period after installing from scratch where I was able to view
the folders, but this morning when I logged in to double check
everything they were gone again.  I've tried digging through the
"horde_prefs" table to see if there's anything awry but the
"expanded_folders" (which I understand to be the relevant entry) is just
gobbledy-gook to me: a:1:{s:5:"INBOX";b:1;} . :(

I'm wondering if somebody can point me in the direction of some
debugging hints?  I can understand that there are some problems in the
upgrade, it happens, but I would think that a completely fresh database
should work predictably.  I'm using uw-imapd and all user folders are
located at ~/.imap/, it worked fine in Horde 2/IMP 3, so I'm sure I'm
just doing something dumb like leaving out a step in the install but for
the life of me I can't figure it out!  Let me know if I should be
posting this to the IMP list instead.

Thanks for your help!

-Gabe

Gabriel M. O'Brien