[horde] IMAP folder problem (Horde 3.0.4/IMP 4.0.3)

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue May 17 22:11:32 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 00:56 -0400, Gabriel O'Brien wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm working on migrating from Horde 2.2 to Horde 3.0 but I've come
> across a problem that is a bit of a showstopper and I'm hoping somebody
> can explain to me why I'm stupid. ;)  Essentially it boils down to the
> fact that users can't see their IMAP folders (other than INBOX) when
> they log in to IMP 4.0.  I've played around with it, everything from
> running the upgrade scripts, etc. a dozen times to a completely fresh
> install including a new database but had no luck whatsoever, other than
> a brief period after installing from scratch where I was able to view
> the folders, but this morning when I logged in to double check
> everything they were gone again.  I've tried digging through the
> "horde_prefs" table to see if there's anything awry but the
> "expanded_folders" (which I understand to be the relevant entry) is just
> gobbledy-gook to me: a:1:{s:5:"INBOX";b:1;} . :(
>
> I'm wondering if somebody can point me in the direction of some
> debugging hints?  I can understand that there are some problems in the
> upgrade, it happens, but I would think that a completely fresh database
> should work predictably.  I'm using uw-imapd and all user folders are
> located at ~/.imap/, it worked fine in Horde 2/IMP 3, so I'm sure I'm
> just doing something dumb like leaving out a step in the install but for
> the life of me I can't figure it out!  Let me know if I should be
> posting this to the IMP list instead.
----
horde/imp/config/prefs.php

// use IMAP subscribe?
// value of 0 = no, 1 = yes
$_prefs['subscribe'] = array(
    'value' => 0,
    'locked' => false,
    'shared' => false,
    'type' => 'checkbox',
    'desc' => _("Use IMAP folder subscriptions?"));

and

// list of folders to expand by default
$_prefs['expanded_folders'] = array(
    'value' => 'a:0:{}',
    'locked' => false,
    'shared' => false,
    'type' => 'implicit');

either set them for all users or each user has to set this for
themselves

Craig