[horde] inactivity timeout

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Wed Jun 1 11:34:17 PDT 2005

Quoting Kevin Konowalec <kevin at ualberta.net>:

> Is there a way to specify an inactivity timeout in Horde?  If a user
> is actively working on something he should never get booted - but if
> his session sits idle for a certain amount of time he is
> automatically logged out.  Should his session come alive in under the
> time limit the counter should be reset.

How do you define inactivity?  If I'm typing a long email and it takes me two
hours, I could be actively typing the whole time but inactive as far as Horde
is concerned...

Otherwise, straight from the Horde Setup General tab:
$conf['session']['timeout'] = timeout value

How long should sessions last? 0 means that the session ends when the user
closes their browser. Set other values with care - see
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.session-set-cookie-params.php.

Kevin
--
Kevin M. Myer