[horde] FRAMEWORK_3 LDAP search login error, before login

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Wed Jul 6 19:27:03 PDT 2005

Using LDAP authentication, with a fresh install of FRAMEWORK_3 (Horde, IMP,
Turba, Framework packages), I'm getting the following error on the main login
screen, before any form submission on login.php:

Could not search the LDAP server.

This was originally with my conf.php from my production site.  So I reset the
config and rebuilt it from a virgin conf.xml and the problem still persists.  I
ran the turba test.php and was successfully able to search the directory server
fine.  So I'm puzzled:  why is this error thrown up, before I even attempt to
login?

Nothing is logged in horde.log, except the failed log attempt, even with log
level set to DEBUG.  It does not appear that any traffic is being sent to the
directory server either.

Kevin
--
Kevin M. Myer