[horde] imap ssl works of a local station but not from the server

Roger Fishwick roger at keyslider.co.uk
Sat Jul 9 15:53:13 PDT 2005

> Has anybody an idea how it can be possible that loggin in with ssl on
> courier-imap (running on the server) form a workstation works like a
I assume you mean with another client

> charm, but when I do the same on the server itself (the same horde config
> etc..) all ssl connections fail (imap / pop3d) Only the normal imap /
> pop3 servers work on the server.

Have a look at hosts.alow check that the local machine is included in the
allowed set ! up the debug level in couriers auth and imap configs then
check the logs if it's getting as far as courier you should see why.  Hope
that's of some help.  Couriers normally pretty easy to sort out if you just
work through it slowly and methodically.

Roger