[horde] imap ssl works of a local station but not from the server

Roger Fishwick roger at keyslider.co.uk
Sun Jul 10 08:27:39 PDT 2005

--On 10 July 2005 11:15 +0200 dick hoogendijk <dick at nagual.st> wrote:

> On 09 Jul Roger Fishwick wrote:
>>
>> Have a look at hosts.alow check that the local machine is included in
>> the allowed set ! up the debug level in couriers auth and imap configs
>> then check the logs if it's getting as far as courier you should see
>> why.  Hope that's of some help.  Couriers normally pretty easy to sort
>> out if you just work through it slowly and methodically.
>
> hosts.allow -> no prob ; nothing weird in imap-ssl / pop3d-ssl
> The only difference is that when I log into imapd-ssl from the
> workstation (using horde/imp) all goes well. Connection from ..
>
> Doing it from within horde/imp on the server imapd-ssl is running on it
> does not work. Only the imap/pop3 servers accept connections.
> The ssl-versions drop with a
> "imapd-ssl: Unexpected SSL Connection Shutdown"
>
> It does make no difference if I log into localhost (local ip) or use the
> nagual.st mailserver. Don't know where to look.

I'm sorry I've no specific help with this I've not seen it on any of our
courier installs all I can say is have you checked the certificates are
where they should be and have the correct priv's have you tried using the
install of horde that wont connect, to connect to another ssl imap (just in
case the problems at the client(imp) end). you could try grabbing courier
with the debuger to see if you can spot where it's failing.  I did a couple
of searches and there is a french post with a chap saying he got this with
mysql built in to his courier, we only run pam+ldap so maybe a clue there.
Sorry

If all that fails try the courier list, the chap that built it is
surprisingly helpful.

Roger