[horde] How to allow the addition of users?

William O'Higgins william.ohiggins at utoronto.ca
Tue Jul 19 07:22:19 PDT 2005

I have been struggling away with installing Horde3 on Debian stable, and
it is mostly working (I had to symlink the main directory into the web
root, fiddle extensively with file ownership, and install an IMAP
daemon, because installing IMP did not require it (but it really does ;-)).  However, I am still missing something in either configuration or installed support programs, because I get the following message in the Administration -> Users page:

User Administration
Adding users is disabled.
Your authentication backend does not support adding users, or the
feature has been disabled for some other reason.

Listing users is disabled.
Your authentication backend does not support listing users, or the
feature has been disabled for some other reason.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Thanks.
--

yours,

William