[horde] Confused about MIME mappings comments in FRAMEWORK_3

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Wed Jul 20 05:00:02 PDT 2005

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at mail.curecanti.org>:

> MIME mappings are updated by the developers as needed so there is no
> need for the generation code in scripts/ to be included in production
> releases.

Might it be worth noting that in the code - for developers only?  Its also
listed in horde/scripts/SCRIPTS, which is why I was wondering if it was
missing.

> Because when you are dealing with a MIME part, you are given the MIME
> type.  There is no need to do MIME mapping or MIME magic.
>
> Explained differently, config/mime_drivers.php is configuration for the
> MIME_Viewer library.  It is completely separate and independent from
> the MIME magic/MIME mapping code.

Ok - that finally makes sense.  One deals with already determined parts, the
other with determining parts.  I was running the whole process together in my
head.

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer