[horde] How to allow the addition of users?

Patrice Levesque horde.wayne at ptaff.ca
Wed Jul 20 09:06:46 PDT 2005

> No, but it was a good thought, and it got me started.  I am now using
> SQL-based authentication, and it almost works :-)  I've got the tables I
> expected in my DB, and yet, when I go the the Administration -> Users
> section, I get a "Fatal Error".  I'll put the whole error message at the

>   string(93) "SELECT user_id FROM horde_users [nativecode=1054 **
> Unknown column 'user_id' in 'field list']"

The problem is that there's no `user_id` column in the `horde_users`
table.  Looking at the CVS, seems the column is named `user_uid` since
at least last september.

Look for the 'The name of the username field in the auth table'
configuration directive and make sure it's "user_uid" and NOT "user_id".

Or else, look in config/conf.php and replace the "user_id" value by
"user_uid".

--
        horde.wayne at ptaff.ca