[horde] How to allow the addition of users?

William O'Higgins william.ohiggins at utoronto.ca
Wed Jul 20 09:55:17 PDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 12:06:46PM -0400, Patrice Levesque wrote:

>> No, but it was a good thought, and it got me started.  I am now using
>> SQL-based authentication, and it almost works :-)  I've got the tables I
>> expected in my DB, and yet, when I go the the Administration -> Users
>> section, I get a "Fatal Error".  I'll put the whole error message at the
>
>>   string(93) "SELECT user_id FROM horde_users [nativecode=1054 **
>> Unknown column 'user_id' in 'field list']"
>
>The problem is that there's no `user_id` column in the `horde_users`
>table.  Looking at the CVS, seems the column is named `user_uid` since
>at least last september.

Drat!  I feel foolish now - I saw what I expected to see, not what what
there.  Thank you.  Of course, now that I've fixed it there are no
entries in horde.horde_users.user_uid, and I can't log in :-)  I figure
I'll just add some users manually via the mysql command line.  Do I put
passwords in as plain text, or is there another method?

Thanks for all your help.
--

yours,

William