[horde] Using hooks to permanently set from_addr and fullname

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Thu Jul 21 07:49:56 PDT 2005

I have hooks configured to set the preferences of from_addr and fullname from
our LDAP directory server.  The problem I am having with this config is I'm
generating lots of extra LDAP lookups - for example, every mail composition
generates an LDAP search for a name and an address for a sender, and there
appears to be other places this occurs.  The net result is a ton of LDAP
connections, either established, or in TIME_WAIT state (25000+) for information
that should be looked up at initial login and then saved, or at least cached.

How can I optimize this - add caching to my two hooks?  Add a pref->write within
the hooks?

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer