[horde] Using hooks to permanently set from_addr and fullname

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Thu Jul 21 08:36:21 PDT 2005

Quoting Kevin Myer <kevin_myer at iu13.org>:

> appears to be other places this occurs.  The net result is a ton of LDAP
> connections, either established, or in TIME_WAIT state (25000+) for
> information
> that should be looked up at initial login and then saved, or at least cached.

FWIW, I think I found the root cause of all of these connections.  Two
users are
importing large iCalendar files.  My suspicion is that each event is
triggering
one (or more) from_addr lookups.  I have temporarily worked around it by
providing more connections at the OS level (Linux) by increasing
local_ip_port_range and decreasing tcp_fin_timeout, but long term, I have to
get the fullname and from_addr hooks to be a once and done thing.  So
suggestions are welcome :)

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer