[horde] New pear DB problem

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Thu Jul 21 12:20:34 PDT 2005

Quoting Sébastien Guay <sebasguay at gmail.com>:

> The latest DB extension is installed
> root at Ezekiel:~# pear upgrade DB
> Package 'DB-1.7.6' already installed, skipping
>
> How is it that Horde make a version check with a value of 2 when then
> latest is 1.7.6?
> [quote from test.php]
> /* Check the version of the pear database API. */
> if ($peardb) {
>    $peardbversion = '0';
>    $peardbversion = @DB::apiVersion();
>    if ($peardbversion < 2) {
>        $peardb = false;
>    }
> }
> [/quote]
>
> If I put an 'echo $peardbversion;' before the second if, I get 1.7.6
> as it should be.  Why on earth Horde is checking <2 ?

The PEAR DB code changed the API versioning scheme.  The apiVersion value
actually decreased with a newer overall DB version.  Newer Horde test.php code
takes this into account when executing, but older test.php's won't.  It's a
cosmetic error for your version.

http://cvs.php.net/diff.php/pear/DB/DB.php?r1=1.61&r2=1.62&ty=u

Kevin
--