[horde] Getting user list when using IMP for authentication

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Thu Jul 21 11:35:22 PDT 2005

Quoting Ben Chavet <ben at horde.org>:

>> Hmmm...  But then I'd need to login twice (into Horde, and then into IMP)?
>
> No, just set 'hordauth' => true in imp's server config

New problem.  I have more than one mail server defined in IMP's
servers.php.  If
I login as "username" in Horde, IMP simply uses the first server from
the list.

I was thinking to attempt to log in as username at mailserver.  However, Horde
would then try to authenticate
uid=username at mailserver,ou=people,dc=milivojevic,dc=org which isn't going to
work since there's no such entitity in LDAP (there's uid=username,ou=people,
...).  And even if I could convince Horde to strip @mailserver part when
checking the password against LDAP, I'm not sure if IMP would use the
@mailserver part in making decision to which mail server to connect.