[horde] New pear DB problem

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Sat Jul 23 07:26:59 PDT 2005

Quoting Sébastien Guay <sebasguay at gmail.com>:

> Thanks Kevin for the answer.  But I couldn't care less about a
> cosmetic error if IMP was still working ;)

I didn't have a good answer for the second question at the time (and
maybe still
don't) :)

> After login, there was only a blank (ok more a white) page with
> absolutely no error, no warning, nothing.
>
> Before posting, I searched the archive for a similar problem, but
> apparently not enough :)  There seems to be a lot of people that had
> problems since the infamous mysql-4.1.12/php-4.4.0.

It could be that MySQL 4.1.X uses a new password hashing mechanism.  The PHP
mysql extension uses the old hashing mechanism, which results in Horde being
unable to connect to read any database tables, unless you set MySQL with the
"oldpassword" option.  If that is the case, it should definitely generate a
warning somewhere.

> Finally, I resigned myself to install the latest version of horde/imp
> and all is *almost* working fine now.

Probably a better idea :)

Kevin

--