[horde] Updated Horde . . . aarrrrgh!

Bill Graham grahamcw at hurleybulldogs.com
Fri Jul 29 16:35:03 PDT 2005

Administration
Setup
Horde
Authentication Tab

Uncheck - Should we always store and validate the IP address of the
client (as seen by the web server) in the session? Doing so will help
increase security by ensuring that an attacker from another host can
not try to hijack the session

Quoting sisterscape <sisterscape at yahoo.com>:

> Our server, including Horde, was upgraded last night.  The interface is
> more user friendly except for the login.  It no longer remembers my PW
> and I get this message:
>
> "Your Internet Address has changed since the beginning of your Mail
> session. To protect your security, you must login again."
>
> This is a real bummer.  I am on dial-up so I will have a different IP
> address everytime I reconnect.  Is there a setting somewhere to change
> this behavior? I know it's a security feature but I am the only one
> with access to this computer so it's not an issue for me. This change
> totally sucks as I'll have to type my login many, many times a day.
>
> The upgrade also at my address book. :((
>
> I'm not a happy camper right now.

Bill Graham
Systems Administrator
Hurley Public Schools
Hurley,SD 57036
USA
grahamcw at hurleybulldogs.com

This electronic  mail sent from Hurley Public Schools - Hurley, South Dakota
http://www.hurleybulldogs.com

NOTICE: This E-mail (including attachments) is covered by the
Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is
confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination,
Please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error,
then delete it. Thank you.