[horde] Installing kronolith on Debian stable

William O'Higgins william.ohiggins at utoronto.ca
Fri Jul 29 17:41:36 PDT 2005

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 02:36:10PM -0400, Kevin M. Myer wrote:
>Quoting William O'Higgins <william.ohiggins at utoronto.ca>:
>
>> I was hoping to use kronolith on my Debian box running horde3 and imp4.
>> However, when I "apt-get install kronolith" it depends on horde2 and
>> suggests imp3.  Is it possible to install kronolith using my current
>> horde3 installation?  Thanks.
>> --
>
>Maybe try kronolith2?  kronolith goes with horde2 and imp3.

Well, kronolith2 isn't available in Debian stable, but I do want it, so
I got it from testing, and it installed very nicely, thank you very
much.  However, it is looking for its configuration files in a strange
place, and I haven't been able to find where that is.  The error I get
when trying to generate the calendar configuration is this:

Could not save the configuration file
/usr/share/horde3/lib/../kronolith/config/conf.php. You can either use
one of the options to save the code back on Setup or copy manually the
code below to /usr/share/horde3/lib/../kronolith/config/conf.php.

It's the ellipses that is messing me up - I can create a symlink to
/etc/horde/kronolith2 where Debian is actually putting my configuration
for kronolith2.  I just don't know where to put that symlink - can
anyone give me hand?  Thanks.
--

yours,

William