[horde] IMAP -> LDAP authentication problem.

Edwin L. Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Tue Aug 2 09:31:33 PDT 2005

Quoting Michael S Lim <Michael.Lim at eigenstones.com>:

> Thanks for the reply,
>
> I am still not clear as to what to do. Do I:
>
> 1. assume that IMAP -> LDAP is a no go with Horde and switch to IMAP ->
> someSQL? or
>
> 2. I can actually do it by using PLAIN authentication in courier as suggested
> by Jan, and if so, how exactly is it done ? Jan's message is most welcomed,
> but it is a bit vague to me.
>
> best wishes
> michael

Michael,

I have found using ldap for Horde Authentication is a bit more flexible
and I also us it for courier authentication with the 'hordeauth' =>
'full',
in horde/imp/conf/servers.php
never had a problem from horde, courier nor ldap that i didn't cause. ;)

It seems much easier and if you are already setup with courier/ldap the
rest is trivial.

ed