[horde] IMAP -> LDAP authentication problem.

Michael S Lim Michael.Lim at eigenstones.com
Mon Aug 1 17:50:59 PDT 2005

On a second thought....

I can use SquirrelMail going through courier -> ldap and successfully logon,
this appears to me that it is the setting within Horde/Imp that is preventing
this authentication, am I right ?

Has anyone actually done this before ? I could have overlooked in the mailing
list. I would appreciate if anyone could give me a lead.

best wishes
michael

> Zitat von Michael S Lim <Michael.Lim at eigenstones.com>:
>
> > I substitute Horde3.0.5/IMP-h3-4.0.3 for SquirrelMail above, and I could
> not
> > login from Horde using courier IMAP (which in turn uses LDAP for
> > authentication). Horde insist to use CRAM-MD5 for authentication (messages
> > from LOG file), and does not pass on to LDAP for authentication...
>
> This is a known limitation of the c-client library. Enable PLAIN
> authentication only in Courier's configuration.
>
> Jan.

> http://horde.org/consulting/

Eigen Stones
Michael Lim (Managing Director)