[horde] 'message not found' bug patch?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Mon Aug 22 09:03:28 PDT 2005

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at mail.curecanti.org>:

> Quoting Kevin Konowalec <kevin at ualberta.net>:
>

>> Is there a patch for bug#1580?  My users are complaining furiously
>> about getting "message not found" the first time they click a
>> message.  I have upgraded to the latest version of Horde and am still
>> running imp 4.0.3... can we patch this or do I have to wait for the
>> next release of Imp?
>
> Neither.  You must use sessionhandler = 'none' (i.e. use PHP's
> file-based sessionhandler).  All the SQL-based sessionhandlers are
> still untested and initial reports indicate the code chuck put in to
> prevent concurrent session access doesn't work in 100% of the cases.

Let me clarify a bit more.  concurrent session support only works for
sql backends that support locking (not all mysql setups do, for
example) and if you are not using the PEAR sql driver (trya DB specific
driver instead).

additionally, you can receive this error message if users open two web
browser windows and access IMP concurrently through those windows.
This is not an IMP issue, this is a user education issue.  You can only
have one Horde window at a time.

michael