[horde] Saving a copy of mail on the server

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Aug 23 12:20:20 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 13:59 -0500, Holly Perkins wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is my first post to the list, and I am a new Horde user. I really like the
> service, but have one problem. I can't figure out how to get Horde to save a
> copy of my mail on the server so I can download it with my mail program. I
> check my mail via horde when i'm out of the office, but want to be able to
> download those messages when i'm back in the office.
>
> It seems that this should simply be a preferences thing, but I've search
> everywhere and found nothing.
>
> Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I'm on digest so please cc me in your
> response.
----
The main account provided at login or did you set up other accounts as a
user?

The main setup should use IMAP which shouldn't cause the issue that you
are referring to. You might check with the person who set up Horde/IMP

If it's your own account that you setup, I don't allow users that option
but I would suspect that somewhere in the setup of these, there is an
option to choose IMAP instead of POP3 or if you use POP3, to 'keep the
messages on the server'

Craig