[horde] MIMP authentication

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Tue Aug 23 17:23:06 PDT 2005

Quoting Jason Dixon <jason at dixongroup.net>:

> But what about the rest of my apps that I wish to keep using the
> default authentication for?

What authentication are you using?  I'm assuming MIMP is connecting to
the same
mail server as IMP, so if thats the case, which means they're both using the
same authentication backend somewhere along the line, and you can get around
the Horde authentication by going directly to
http://example.com/horde/mimp/login.php.

In my case, I had been using IMAP authentication, which uses saslauthd to
connect to an LDAP server, so I just backed up a level, and authenticated
directly against LDAP for all applications (which includes IMP and
MIMP).  With
the login URL above, going directly to MIMP, I only have one authentication
that occurs.

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer