[horde] MIMP authentication

Jason Dixon jason at dixongroup.net
Tue Aug 23 17:47:55 PDT 2005

On Aug 23, 2005, at 8:41 PM, Kevin M. Myer wrote:

> Using a PDA to read mail has rarely been a pretty experience.  The
> MIMP
> interface has been designed to be lightweight and simple, and
> probably not
> generally for normal user login, through a full-fledged web
> browser.  As
> stated, if you have a centralized authentication system in place
> (like LDAP)
> that IMP, MIMP, and other Horde apps authenticate to, use that
> system for
> authentication to Horde and you can still achieve a single login
> for mobile
> users if they goto http://example.com/horde/mimp/login.php without
> uglifiying
> the whole experience for most other users.  Or if you don't care
> about # of
> Megabytes downloaded to your PDA, spruce up the MIMP login screen a
> bit (i.e.
> make it heavier) and use MIMP for authentication.

Using the direct URL to login.php would be sufficient, but it's still
redirecting to $webroot/login.php for me...

10.0.0.231 - - [23/Aug/2005:20:44:13 -0400] <www.example.com> "GET /
tools/mimp/login.php HTTP/1.1" 302 5
10.0.0.231 - - [23/Aug/2005:20:44:14 -0400] <www.example.com> "GET /
tools/login.php?url=%2Ftools%2Fmimp%2Flogin.php%3FHorde%
3D60jp2c2t11nb3ek8p6kuubk5q6&nosidebar=1&Horde=60jp2c2t11nb3ek8p6kuubk5q
6 HTTP/1.1" 200 2434
<snip>

Thanks,

--