[horde] Upgrading MySQL 4.0->4.1

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Wed Aug 24 15:11:06 PDT 2005

> Zitat von Toomas Aas <toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee>:
>
>> Horde MySQL database is currently running on MySQL 4.0.20. Horde
>> database is the only important MySQL database on this server.
>>
>> I want to upgrade MySQL to 4.1.13. I wonder if any of the 'incompatible
>> changes' in MySQL (as listed at
>> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/upgrading-from-4-0.html) might affect
>> the Horde database? Could this MySQL upgrade break my Horde installation?
>
> Unlikely.
>
> Jan.

If your MySQL database server is on a separate server, or even if its on the
same server as your Horde installation, but all your client components haven't
been upgraded to 4.1, you may run into issues that are detailed towards the
bottom, under "Password-Handling Changes".

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator