[horde] Database performance problem with Horde3/IMP4 with large user base

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Thu Sep 8 10:46:21 PDT 2005

Quoting Luc Germain <Luc.Germain at USherbrooke.ca>:

> We use mysql MySQL 4.1.10a on a Xeon 3GHz w/ 2GB memory running RedHat
> Enterprise 4.
>
> On this server (doing nothing else), one request like the one shown take
> about .2 sec to be executed. Our horde_datatree table contains more han
> 10000 entries, and the horde_datatree_attribute also more than 10000
> entries.

My horde_datatree table has over 40,000 entries and the
horde_datatree_attribute
table has over 160,000, but we're below 100 active users currently.  So
its not
so much the number of entries (likely) as it is the number of simultaneous
lookups against the existing entries that is causing performance issues for
you.  Or it could be that the info should be cached by Horde, but there's a
cache call failing somewhere [thats only speculation of a possible scenario].

Kevin
--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator